"Building Ambition for All"
Our vision is to build ambition in every learner; opening up the opportunities available to them so that they achieve their potential and more. We believe in the life-changing power of having ambition, broadening horizons and instilling a sense of self-belief and pride when celebrating our success. Here are some examples of the ways in which we can demonstrate the success of our vision-
- Examination results that are in line with the highest performing schools in the country
- Attracting the very best teachers in our profession
- A high calibre curriculum that meets the needs, interests and aspirations of all of our learners
- High quality student enrichment experiences delivered through 'Our Promise to You' programmes Our Promise to You
- A student leadership programme that engages the majority of our student body in the working of our school and which enables all of our learners to contribute to the delivery of our vision
- Staff leadership development programmes delivered through an unrivalled professional development programme in conjunction with external providers
- Innovative Trust Careers Strategy to provide exceptional Gatsby standard experiences for students and to support every child into a positive destination
- Strong Alumni Programme that builds on the legacy of exceptional young people that have graduated from CFS to excel in business, sport and wider societal roles
- Priority access to the Chingford 6th form
"Be the Best...."
Our mission is to create a culture and a community where everyone strives to be the best version of themselves.
The South Chingford Experience gives all students a range of opportunities in which they can demonstrate the best version of themselves. It includes a rigorous, broad, balanced, academic curriculum and a wide range of enrichment opportunities known as 'Our Promise to You'. We recognise that everyone needs support to be the best version of themselves and part of our mission on behalf of students is to provide the best pastoral care on offer.
South Chingford is part of the Chingford Academies Trust and we have an unrivalled professional development model to support staff to be the best version of themselves. We exist to be the employer of choice; we aim to inspire all staff to exhibit their craft in a workplace with high expectations yet warm, cohesive and supportive.
"Achievement - Resilience - Unity"
Our school values are at the heart of all that we do and are the foundation for developing the whole learner to support them to be the best version of themselves and to achieve their ambitions. The school values are practised and demonstrated every single day at South Chingford Foundation School, by both our staff and student community. Here are some examples of how you will see our values at work
- high proportions of learners achieving top grades at GCSE
- a dedicated Careers Strategy
- University programmes
- an impressive alumni of sportsmen and women
- 100% engagement with extra-curricular programmes
- high rates of attendance at school
- a character curriculum
- whole school engagement in community and charitable work
- happy, friendly and supportive working environment