Our school underwent an Ofsted inspection in April 2016, and we are pleased to share with our local and wider community that we were judged ‘Good’ in all areas. Inspectors praised a strong sense of direction and ambition, our caring and compassionate community, pupil pride, and positive relationships between teachers and pupils.
Ofsted inspectors observed that “The executive principal and his senior leaders have established very high expectations of staff and for all pupils in the school” and acknowledged parents and staff overwhelming positivity regarding the changes brought within the school for overall improvement.
The Inspection report highlighted specific areas of strength:
- Teaching is good in most subjects because staff are committed to continually improving their practice
- Firm and insightful leadership supports staff and pupils to bring about improvements in all aspects of their work
- Teachers’ subject knowledge is good, and inspectors observed teachers using resources well to inspire and motivate pupils
- Pupils have very good attitudes towards their learning
- Current information shows that pupils make increasingly good progress as they move through Key Stage 3
- Pupils are polite, courteous and respectful to each other, staff and visitors
- There are many opportunities for pupils to develop their leadership skills.
As a school, we are delighted that the report has recognised our achievements and progress, and truly captured and reflected the reality of South Chingford Foundation. We look forward to continuing working with our staff, parents and governors to continue building upon our success.